This article describes how to create a temporary one page website that may used as a simple holding, ‘under-construction’ or landing page.
The web page will tell visitors that your website is coming soon and can list important information such as your contact details.
Create a Temporary One-Page Website
- Login to Ecenica Hosting cPanel.
- Click File Manager
- In the pop-up window click Web Root, then click Go.
- Click New File.
- Type index.html for the New File Name. Click Create New File.
- Right-click index.html and click HTML Edit.
Using the HTML Editor you can add text, images and contact details on to your website easily.
How-to Add an Image to your Website.
Before adding images you need to upload them to your public_html directory in your web space.
- Go back to cPanel File Manager.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File.
- Select an image from your PC or Mac and then click Open.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Click Back to /home/username/public_html
- Right click index.html and click HTML Edit.
- Click Insert Image.
- Check the box for your image and then click Insert.
- Click Save.
- Open your web browser and view your website. You can make any changes using the HTML Editor.
This page is wiki editable click here to edit this page.
Reliable UK web hosting. Free tech support. Trusted UK host since 2004. Free setup. Order online.
Fast cPanel hosting with email. Choice of UK/US servers. 30-day money-back promise. Founded 2004.
- How-to create a full backup of your cPanel account
- How to upload an image to your WordPress Blog
- How to Create a Domain Redirect in cPanel
- How to create new email address
- How to Backup a Website