When moving or deleting an email on your iPhone you get the error:
Unable to Move Message: The message could not be moved to the mailbox.
- Press the Home button and tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap your email account.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Advanced.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the empty IMAP Path Prefix.
- Enter INBOX in capitals.
- Press the Home button and then re-open Mail.
- You can now delete / move your emails as normal.
This page is wiki editable click here to edit this page.
Reliable UK web hosting. Free tech support. Trusted UK host since 2004. Free setup. Order online.
Fast cPanel hosting with email. Choice of UK/US servers. 30-day money-back promise. Founded 2004.
- How to setup IMAP on iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPhone
- How to set IMAP Prefix in Apple Mail
- How to setup POP3 on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPhone
- Troubleshooting Sent, Draft, or Trash folders on iPhone
- Troubleshooting Apple iPhone