[ hide ]
This article shows you how to configure Apple Mail.app to use an HTML web page as an email signature.
This guide assumes you have already published an HTML signature to your Ecenica Hosting web space.
If you don’t have an HTML signature, or want to give your signature a professional makeover make sure you checkout our HTML Signature Design service at the bottom of the page.
Benefits of using HTML signatures
- Save time. No need to keep recreating your existing signature.
- Use the same signature over different email apps.
- More professional online-branding.
- More control over the formatting of your signature.
- Faster email. Using optimized HTML code reduces the size of your email signature meaning your email sends faster.
How to save an HTML signature into Apple Mail
HTML signatures allow you greater control over how your signature is displayed. They let you use your existing company’s HTMLMaybe you want to keep your signature uniform throughout your email applications, staff and company. This is where come in.
- Open Mail.
- From Mail’s top menu click Mail > Preferences.
- Click Signatures.
- Create a new signature and give it a memorable name.
- Quit Mail.
- Open Safari and view your HTML signature.
- From Safari’s top menu, click File > Saves As (Apple Command + S)
- Navigate to ‘~/Library/Mail/Signatures’ and select the file you wish to save.
- Under Format, select ‘Web Archive’.
- Click Save.
- Open Mail.
- Click Signatures.
- You should now see your HTML signature in the editing window.
- Click on your signature and drag it on to the email account that you wish to apply it to.
- Close the Preferences panel (Apple Command + w).
- Complete the setup by testing your new signature.
- Click ‘New Message’.
- Your signature will now display. If not, try selecting it from the signature drop-menu.
- Check Apple Mail. is configured to send email using Rich Text (Mail > Preferences > Composing > Message Format.
- Check you’ve saved your web.archive file to the correct location. Note ‘~’ equals your home folder.
- If you’re signature loses images or formatting after importing into Apple Mail. Go back to your HTML code and check that you’re using absolute path to your images. Use inline CSS styles and it’s best to use HTML tables over DIVS, as many email applications do not support advanced formatting.
HTML signature design service
Why not have our experienced graphic designers create you a funky, eye-catching signature for your business? Best bit. It won’t cost you the earth!
- Design an HTML signature around your brand.
- Upload your signature to your Ecenica Hosting web space or existing web space.
- We guarantee your signature will look perfect in the popular email applications.
- Cost effective. Think about the 1000’s of emails you’ll send.
- Comply with legal requirements for email sending.
If you’re interested in our Professional HTML signature service please contact us today for your free, no-obligation quote.
This page is wiki editable click here to edit this page.
Reliable UK web hosting. Free tech support. Trusted UK host since 2004. Free setup. Order online.
Fast cPanel hosting with email. Choice of UK/US servers. 30-day money-back promise. Founded 2004.
- Changing Default Sent Folder in Apple Mail
- How to setup IMAP in Apple Mail
- How to setup POP3 in Apple Mail
- Can’t Delete Email in Apple Mail
- Adding an email signature in Ecenica Webmail 2.0